Thursday, September 28, 2006

Kreinik cat silk gauze kit

8/10/06

My very first silk gauze kit came in. I was so excited I couldn't wait to order it. But...it's a lot tougher than I thought. It's hard to get the stitches to lie perfectly because the two parts of the silk strands don't stay together very well. I think it will look fine, but it's not something I can do for hours on end, and that's not just because it's small. It's also hard to bury your end threads. I have a good part of the kitty done, so I should have a HD soon.

I still haven't received my Just Nan stuff. Ugh. Or my fabric from Ginger's.

Organizing: I need to get rid of some stuff. I sold my Charming Tails cards on eBay, and I have a club kit left to sell. And then there's the wedding dress... It needs to be cleaned first. That's going to be a big bill, and then I'm worried they'll destroy it. It does need to get done.

Gaming: I tried EQII a little, rather half-heartedly. Matt won't play it, so it's kind of pointless. I'm frustrated because I want to have that same feeling of excitement from when I first played City of Heroes. I'm really hoping Vanguard will be it, when it comes out, but I have a feeling it won't be. As much as I love stitching, I need another hobby, this one with some interaction. I spend all day at home working, and I'm bored!

No comments: