Friday, July 06, 2007

The Awakening Page 35

And another page... I'm at 81% now, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

My goal for this weekend is to finally complete the finishing of Just Nan's TrickORTreat. Even if I do nothing else, I want this DONE!

I've been contemplating starting a small Teresa Wentzler piece, but my WIPs need so much attention. I guess it depends on what mood strikes me.

I finally had enough of the binders I keep my charts in and bought Unikeeps. I didn't know they could hold three-hole punched stuff! So now all my charts are organized after getting 12 1-inch Unikeeps (the largest Office Depot had)--everything but my completed charts and general stuff (which I don't plan to stitch but like having), which are still in binders. I think they're OK there for now. I may need to purge my completed charts eventually.

Baby: The results came back that I have gestational diabetes. My numbers were only a little high, so the doctor thinks I can manage it with diet alone. I saw the dietician yesterday. We'll see what we can do. I had already cut out refined sugars from my diet, which isn't so hard right now for some reason. Matt hurt his back after messing with the dog, so we've both been out of commission. At least he could drive in the poring rain yesterday!

Horse: My friend boards my horse for me, but I haven't been out to see him in years. She trains and rides him for me, so he's well kept. However, with the kid coming, I decided to sell the horse. This was a hard decision for me because it was always my childhood dream to have a horse. I'm determined to lose weight after having the baby, so maybe someday I can have a horse again. My friend brings Stubby to the seller in Colorado next week.

1 comment:

mainely stitching said...

I'm sorry to hear you've had to sell your horse and that you're dealing with gestational diabetes. I hope your health will be okay and that you'll have your dream horse again someday!