Thursday, January 11, 2007

Birthday surprise

We don't usually do birthdays at work (my birthday was December 31), but my coworkers surprised me. They gave me a year's subscription to The Cross Stitcher magazine. I don't know much about it, but I've been wanting a subscription to something for a while. They also gave me a book called Something for Every Season that has four of the Teresa Wentzler rocking horses and other cute patterns. This was all in a band box that I'm now keeping my stitched Christmas ornaments in. I was going to go to Hobby Lobby that very day to buy one!

I'm working on the finishing of an exchange piece right now, plus putting a few more stitches in Chatelaine's Rose Quilt. I'll post a pic soon.

Reading: I'm onto Icefalcon's Quest by Barbara Hambly, a fantasy author I like. This book feels like one in the middle of a series, which I'm sure it is, so it's a little hard to get into. I had started it a while back and never finished, so I restarted it. I also ordered two more Mercedes Lackey books that came out in paperback recently. I can't wait to get those. I really like her elemental series.

2 comments:

HasturTorres said...

Have you read The Fire Rose yet? It is in the Elemental Series world but not part of the series.

Unknown said...

Those are really thoughtful gifts your co-workers got for you!