Sharon tagged me, so here we go!
6 Weird Things about Me
The rules: Each player of this game starts with the "6 weird things about you." People who get tagged need to write in their blog of 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names.
Since I don't really like tagging people, I'll ask for volunteers. ;-)
1. I hate geckos with a passion. I don't know what it is about them--the way they slither, their see-through skin, their icky little feet. If one gets in the house, it MUST be gotten rid of. I've vacuumed them up before and left the vacuum outside for a few days so they can either crawl out or die. Eeeeeeew!
2. I cannot participate in silly games. When I was in high school, I was a member of student council, and I just couldn't participate in those cute little mixer games. As an adult, we had to go to a team-building thing, which I absolutely dreaded. We had to run around and stuff, and I broke down in tears. I told them that it was my hip, which had been hurting, but I just couldn't make myself do those silly things. I thought it was a complete waste of time, but I also have a phobia of looking stupid. I guess it comes from being teased as a kid.
3. I have a severe case of verbal road rage when I drive. It's all smack talk--I'd never do anything stupid. People act like idiots when they get behind the wheel.
4. I like bats a lot. I'm fascinated by them. I had never seen them in Louisiana, but there are some in Texas. They're so graceful when they fly.
5. I don't eat onions or peppers. And I'm Cajun. My dad forced me to eat them when I was a kid, and most Cajun food has onions. To this day I won't eat them unless they're sliced thin and fried or completely unnoticeable. It's the texture that just gives me the willies. I'll pull the onion out of thick onion rings and just eat the breading.
6. I like fantasy and science fiction. That may not be that weird nowadays, but I felt like the freak of the week when I was growing up. I finally figured I needed to marry another weird person rather than dating "normal" people. And guess what, it worked!
I asked DH what was weird about me, and he said that was a loaded question!