Monday, December 11, 2006

Credit card HD

Yes, we paid off ALL the credit cards! We had been working on them, but with the insurance money from Matt's mom, we paid them all off. What a nice feeling. We may be getting a bit more insurance money, but we don't know yet. We'll probably even have enough to pay off the pricey office chairs we ordered.

I was feeling very angry yesterday over the cut Christmas lights. I don't want to be that bitter person who hates everyone, but I just really wanted to make the people responsible pay. I simmered all day yesterday until Matt fixed the lights. That made me feel a lot better. He said he wasn't going to let them ruin Christmas, so I guess I shouldn't either. He used some plastic shrink wrap (electrical stuff) and worked on them for a few hours yesterday. Now lets just hope no one cuts them again. I'm going to call the city today about getting the street light fixed, and then I'm going to order surveillance cameras.

Saturday we played City of Villains with the guys. Matt's computer is giving him a lot of trouble, so we admitted defeat, and he's ordering a new motherboard and a few other things. More money. At this point, we just want it fixed.

We watched Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest last night. It was OK but not nearly as good as the first one. I stitched for 14 hours straight on The Awakening yesterday while Matt did chores (poor guys). I should finish the last half page on that row tonight. New pic soon!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats on paying off your credit cards! I know how wonderful that feels. Your Generosity piece is gorgeous. What a great idea to finish it as a long ornament!

Anonymous said...

Whew. I thought I was the only person in the ENtire world that didn't like the 2nd as much as the first.

Congrats on the credit cards. What a relief. And right before Christmas too!

I'm with you: I'd be so angry at the kids I'd want someone to pay. There's always been an unwritten rule that you don't mess with kids, dogs, old people and Xmas lights. Sheesh. Amazing how things have changed since I grew up. But that's another rant. But kudos to your hubby for taking the time to fix them.