Monday, January 01, 2007

Goals for 2007

I'll start with stitching goals since those are pretty easy:

The Awakening--I'd like to finish this piece. If I do two pages a month, I can get it done.
Maggie the Messmaker--This is a UFO I've lost interest in stitching but would still like to finish. I know how gorgeous it will look. I have three UFOs, but it's only realistic to set one as a finishing goal, I think.
Frame pieces--I have lots of pieces waiting to be framed, so I'd like to get some of those on the wall, especially my Teresa Wentzlers.

The life goals are harder:

Lose weight--Yes, I've been trying to do this my whole life. I have to do it. So many things are waiting on this one thing, and I'm not getting any younger. I'd like to see Europe and Disney World again, and I can't do that as fat as I am.
Get pregnant--This depends on losing weight too. I'd be miserable if I were both fat and pregnant, but since I'm 37, I need to get going on this. I need to make a concerted effort to track my ovulation days.
Move into a new house--We want to get out of this neighborhood and buy a piece of land. I think selling this house and not taking a loss will be a challenge. There are 18 houses for sale already, and it's the off season. We need to get the house cleaned and painted and get the house listed ASAP. I hate living here, and it's stressing me out.
Work--Keep up with work stuff better and be more responsible.

So, in order to lose weight, I plan to join Weight Watchers and start riding the exercise bike. My foot's not up to using the tread mill yet. I've never been able to sustain exercise, so I need to work on strategies. Maybe I'll make friends at WW.

2006 was a pretty crappy year for us. We lost Horus, our dear kitty, suddenly. I think that was the hardest part for me. My grandmother passed away, which was hard, but she was old and had Alzheimers, and when things are that bad, passing is a mercy. The same holds true for Matt's mom's passing, but that was not easy either. I can't imagine losing my mother, and I know it was really hard on Matt. We also lost Karma, my dog who was staying with my mom, to a car accident, which was very traumatic for my mom. A lot of other things have gone wrong for us too, like my broken toe and Matt's month-long virus. None of them have been earth shattering, but the sheer volume has just weighed us down. I really hope 2007 is better.

And on that note--

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Michelle! I really hope 2007 is better for you and I especially hope you sell the house. Being unhappy in your home isn't good. Here's to a better year! :)

Michelle said...

I can't believe how much you've done already on your Christmas present! It looks beautiful! I am doing WW also, and have found that if you stick to the program, it works! You can do it!! Happy Belated Birthday as well...I hope 2007 brings many good things your way!

Jamie said...

Found your blog through Angi's blog. I have been on WW since Oct 31, 2005 and have lost 40+ lbs and that's been w/o tons of trying. Oh and I also indulge all the time. Having people to cheer you on really helps. The WW website is great too.