Monday, December 19, 2011

Band Sampler Round Robin -- Rainbow


Jo's round robin theme is the rainbow, as you can tell. I stitched the bottom portion in indigo. I took bands from Jeannette Douglas' Mini Topiary Sampler 4 and used Dinky Dyes Fantasy Blues as my variegated floss. I stitched this twice -- the first time I didn't like how the outer edges lined up. I guess I should have planned better.

I hope everyone is having a good holiday season. My mom is retiring after this month, and I'm counting the days. Still no progress on getting the house sold. I think we've had one person look at the house this month. We're hoping things pick up in the spring, but it's not encouraging.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh the band sampler is looking so pretty. I love what you added. Sorry to hear the house sale is not looking promising right now. Here's hoping it picks up after the holidays!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh Wow! It's looking so good.

I love that the blue and indigo are so different, it as my main concern when I chose the rainbow.

Only one more stitcher then it comes home to mama!

Rebekah said...

I LOVE that rainbow sampler! Everyone has done such a great job on it!

Giovanna said...

What a lovely RR! I hope you find a buyer for your house, and that you all have a peaceful Christmas.

Tatkis said...

Beautiful colourful sampler!

Hugs,
Tatyana

MoonBeam said...

The rainbow theme is an interesting idea for a RR. I like it!