Saturday, April 02, 2011

Rose and Butterfly Quilt block 9


Here's the latest block. I figure that I can finish a block every two weeks if I stick to it. That's the plan anyway. My threads for my other small projects have shipped at long last, and I'm looking forward to working on them too.

Diet: Good news on that front. I figured out that my 25-year class reunion would be in 2012, and in order to be thin for it, I'm going to have to hustle. I seem to work well with a deadline, so it's really motivated me. I've begun walking on the treadmill again (20 minutes a day at the moment). I've also stuck to the diet fairly well. Eight pounds lost in the first week, so I'm finally encouraged. Your comments also helped; they were very touching. I know I'm not the only one daunted by weight loss. Thanks for the support. :-)

6 comments:

Raven/Missy said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! Good luck keeping to your diet and exercise program.

Your stitching is fantastic and just beautiful, well done!

TeresaB said...

Congrats on your weight loss so far. You're doing great.

The Quilt piece is looking even more beautiful.

Shelleen said...

This piece is gorgeous! Congrats on the weight loss.

Giovanna said...

Lovely progress!

Alice said...

Beautiful project!
Congrats on the weight loss. It does sometimes help to have an occasion to keep your focus. I know you can do it. Having the desire is a big part of the battle. hugs and high fives!

Jo said...

Gorgeous progress!!! LOVE this piece.
Great news about the weiught loss too - sounds like you are getting close to that wonderful milestone of 50lbs off - another little thing to fight towards. Just try and taker it all in your stride, one day at a time. I know from experience how hard it can be.