Sunday, May 03, 2009

Maggie update and trip to Sea World


I managed to stitch a little this week, even with the trip to Sea World. I can stitch almost anywhere, but I was so sweaty and exhausted that I didn't stitch very much in the hotel room.

I'm probably going to need to switch to my Just Nan exchange piece this coming week. Once I figure out what I want to stitch....

ENT visit: Matt took Logan to the doctor last week, and the verdict is that Logan needs tubes in his ears. It may be the reason he's not speaking much yet. They're also going to take blood for an allergy test and check his adenoids. The child's been coughing and having a runny nose for a long time, despite medication. While I'm unhappy he has to have surgery, I'm hoping this will make him better. I know he really needs it, but I'm going to be a nervous wreck until my baby's all better.

Mini-vacation: We had fun at Sea World this weekend. We left early Saturday morning and came home Sunday morning. I think Logan was too young to enjoy it really. He wasn't impressed by much. We first saw the orca show, and it was a battle to get him to sit still. His face really lit up when the orcas jumped and then people clapped; he had fun clapping with everyone. We weren't brave enough to try another show, though. We also tried feeding the sea lions, looking at the aquarium, jumping in a sponge pit, and looking at the Clydesdales, which all got a lukewarm response. We tried the kiddie wading pool. That he didn't like at all. I tried to get him to walk around in the water; I guess he didn't like that the water was rather cool and that the place was so big. I managed to get him to go down the slide a few times, but he wasn't happy. I was pretty disappointed because I love the water. He also wasn't feeling great because his allergies were really bothering him. The mucus rattled around at every breath, and it was a never-ending battle to wipe his nose all day. Sometimes he rode in his stroller, but he really liked pushing the heavy thing around where we led him. We also got one of those kid leashes -- convenient but not very comfortable for him. So, maybe next year we'll have better results. There just wasn't enough for him to do at 19 months old. We might have better luck at the children's museum in Austin, so we're going to try that in a few weeks. We also need to get him used to playing in the water outside so he can see how much fun it is.

5 comments:

Kim B said...

Maggie is quite a mess maker! And she's coming along swimmingly! It sounds like the tubes will bring Logan some relief. And Sea World sounds like way too much fun! We need a mini vacation of our own!

Mel in Dubai said...

Maggie is coming along great!

Hope the tubes help Logan. My DS had his first lot when he was 10 months old - best thing we ever did!

Jo said...

wow, Maggie really is coming along quickly - your pieces really fly when you get going! I'm sorry Logan didn't take to Sea World, I'm sure your next trip will be more fun. Lovely family snap though!

Jennifer Blake said...

Maggie is looking great.

quietgirl255 said...

Maggie is looking good! I have a few messmakers of my own!

I wanted to say many thanks for the "1st gray hare" chart. It came in the mail last week, when I was feeling all crappy and sick. Must be that time of year!

Sea World looked like fun!

Thanks again!

quietgirl255

Pamela