Thursday, April 24, 2008

Remembrance Rose needleroll finishing

And here it is! This one isn't as stuffed as the others. Not sure why. I used the same amount of batting as the others. Oh well, it'll do.

Dee asked if I had any suggestions on sites with instructions on how to make a needleroll. I do! The Sweetheart Tree charts have their own instructions, but when I did the Little Lambs needleroll, I wanted to use a hem stitch. I used this Focus on Finishing class. I think for next time I need to make the margin for the hem a little bigger. It was hard to fold it over because it was so narrow. I also referred to the tutorial links given by Focus on Finishing.

6 comments:

Kim B said...

One needle roll after the other from you this month! It's beautiful :)

Sharon said...

Lovely needleroll and finishing! I hope Matt will here some good news soon.

Barb said...

That is pretty. Also great progress on Maggine the Messmaker.

Andrea said...

Pretty colours on this one. Congratulations on your recent finish.

Carol said...

Very pretty!

Michelle said...

Beautiful needleroll! One of these days I need to make one!