Tuesday, September 25, 2007

No luck

The doctor induced labor, but we had no luck. I was there from 6 a.m. to about 5 p.m. They gave me pitocin, and I went through mild contractions, but my cervix never changed. My back was the worst part. It hurt like hell no matter how I lay. Even the nurse checking my cervix twice and the IV (and one failed try) didn't bother me as much. The doctor gave me a prescription for meds for the back pain (apparently it's only for a few days so should be safe), and I'm going to see about a chiropractor tomorrow.

We're going to try again next Tuesday. Ugh. I'm exhausted!

5 comments:

mainely stitching said...

OMG, Michelle, that sounds so inhumane to put you through that and then send you home for a week to wait!!! Thinking of you!!! (((((hugs!)))))

cathymk said...

That's just too bad. I had my fingers crossed for you. I hope the pain pills give you a bit of relief till next Tuesday.

jymisgurl said...

HUGS! I'm sorry. By the end of both my pregnacies, I couldn't wait to see what my boys looked like, to see what features they got from whom. Maybe you'll go into labor naturally in a couple days. More hugs!

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness, I would have never guessed that you would have to wait another week! I hope the pain pills help and that you will go into labor naturally.

Carol said...

Oh no!! I cannot believe it! I was just popping in with hopes that Matt had run home to post a momma and baby photo for us! Oh, what a shame! I know you had your hopes up! I am glad you feel a little better, but still... can we just push him out??