Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Awakening Page 21

I finished another page today. I'm mostly concentrating on smalls right now, but I didn't want to neglect this for too long. My baby is almost half done!

I visited Ginger's yesterday and got the mat board scraps I needed to finish some ornaments. I also picked up Autumn in the Square and the JCS ornament issue. There are three ornaments I want to stitch from it--those by Val's Stuff, Sweetheart Tree, and Jeanette Douglas.

I need Summer in the Square to finish the set, and Ginger's was out of most of the Weeks Dye Works threads I need to do my acorn scissor case. I also need a few WDWs for the ornaments. So, I can either wait on Ginger's or try to order online. I sent an email to Threadneedle Street, so we'll see what availability and price are like.

Yesterday in Ginger's Matt said, "What about the challenge?" But, sweetie, I already finished my 10 for the challenge! lol

Concerning pets: I need to get on my soapbox for a minute. People do not need to let their pets wander around outside. Yesterday before we left for Matt's mom's, we saw a neighbor cat dead in the middle of the street. I was so sad. She was such a good kitty. She would meow loudly and come over for petting after some persuasion. Her fur was wet, so we think a dog got her. Rest in peace, poor kitty.

Hathor scared the crap out of me last night. I found her walking along the edge of the wall that runs next to the stairs. Way up there. If she fell, she could very well die. I calmly took her off the counter and then fussed her once she was on the floor. Whew! Anubis is also very unhappy with the diet. We're going to have to do dishes immediately because I found him in the sink looking for scraps this morning (and there were knives in there). Why do these kitties like to give Mommy a heart attack?

New job: I found out today I didn't get the job. I'm pretty pissed. What other qualifications do I need? I've been doing this for 10 years!!! I'm going to ask them what exactly the person they selected has that I don't. They didn't even call my references.

No comments: