Wednesday, September 24, 2014

HOE spring exchanges



Around April I ran a spring exchange for Hooked on Exchanging. The top image is one I did for my partner, Mylene. It's the 2010 Carrot from the Cricket Collection. You can see more pics on my website. My mom stitched the little zipper bag. She makes lots of them as gifts.

The bottom image is the exchange I did for Hazel. Her partner didn't send the exchange, leaving Hazel high and dry. I just can't understand people who would steal like that -- accept their exchange and not reciprocate. Ah well, it happens, but it's only a small fraction of the participants. This piece is modified from Cottontails in the Garden by Norma Flake of Keepsake Stitches (pattern found in Just Cross Stitch March/April 2013). You can see more pics on my website. My mom did the finishing as a zippered bag. I think it's so cute, and the yellow fabric is just perfect for the piece.

Let me also say this about exchanges: my favorite part is making something for someone. So if my partner doesn't send me something, oh well (we don't receive from the same person we send to). It saddens me, but receiving is not why I do it.

5 comments:

Giovanna said...

Very pretty exchange pieces. How nice of you to send something to Hazel.

Pull the other thread said...

Two really sweet pieces for exchanges.

Suz said...

OMG, I love that carrot finished... as a carrot! haha.

Wonderful exchange!

Andrea said...

Wonderful exchanges.

It's a pity some exchangers would rather receive than give. Hope there is a blacklist somewhere for such people.

Hazel said...

Well I just love it Michelle and thank you so much again for my beautiful gift. I find it equally mysterious how the said person then deleted her blog. What a shame and complete waste of time and effort. All those years and posts. xx