Monday, June 04, 2012

Butterfly Fairy


I haven't posted in a while! My hobbies wax and wane, and lately it's been playing computer games, first Star Wars: The Old Republic and then Diablo III. I'll get back to cross stitching and reading, I'm sure.

In the mean time, here is a section of Butterfly Fairy I did for Debbie's piece for the Joan Elliott round robin.

I do have sad news: Ginger's in Austin is closing. Her landlord raised the rent higher than she could afford, and she has to close shop. I am devastated. Ginger's has been around since I started stitching and has been my haven for cross stitching. I will miss being able to browse and find exciting new things to stitch. She also won't be having the stitching retreats any more. There's nothing like getting together with your kind of people and talking about your passion. This makes me so very sad. Ordering materials online just isn't the same.

8 comments:

Giovanna said...

What a beautiful RR, well done. So sorry to read about your local store closing - it's very sad.

Devon said...

I love your piece,,and it is killig me with all the needlework shops closing..what a shame..

mdgtjulie said...

That's really sad, Arthemise. I'm so sorry she has to close. It's awful how many shops have had to close down in this economy. Your RR is lovely. I love the colors in that. Beautiful!!

Zeb said...

Beautiful :) and I'm sorry your lns is closing. A lot of them seem to be doing that; we only have two left in my city and a lot of the smaller towns no longer have any here in NZ.

dulcinella said...

Oh, that's bad news, I'm sure you'll miss the browsing and,the retreats. Isn't there another,shop you can go to? It is not easy to browse and buy online materials all the time, but you'll make it work. Lovely stitching on the RR.

Chris said...

The Buttefly Fairy is gorgeous.
So sad to hear that another Cross Stitch store is closing. I just got an email yesterday about a store closing in SC :(

Kathy A. said...

Love, love, love Butterfly Fairy. What a wonderful addition she is.
It is indeed sad to hear of another needlework shop closing.
There was a wonderful shop in League City, Texas that I visited when I went to see my sister and I was informed that it has closed. :(

Veronica said...

Butterfly Fairy is stunning! It's gonna be a beautiful RR.

So sorry to hear that your LNS is closing :(

Oh, I hear ya bout games. They can be so addictive ^.^

Hugs,
Veronica.