Saturday, June 11, 2011

Gingher Elena scissors


I went to Ginger's in Austin today. I found a pair of Gingher Elena scissors, which I've been looking for for a a while. I'm so excited about this! If you need a pair, you can call Monday to get one: (512) 454-5344. She had three left. Let me know if you plan buy to one. If no one's interested, I'll post to the bulletin boards to get them sold.

So the rest of the haul... I was there ostensibly to pick up the two-ply mat board I need to finish my Victoria Sampler gingerbread house. I also picked up some beige Jobelan for a fall band sampler (sign up for the band sampler round robin here by June 15), the Trilogy's Autumn Line Up chart to go with the round robin for inspiration, and two JBW Designs Christmas ornament charts. Now I'm not much into stitching Christmas ornaments, but Ginger's had a JBW Designs trunk show, and the ornaments stitched over one are just adorable. I couldn't pass them up.

Matt and Logan played with the toys Ginger's has brilliantly put aside for that purpose, and I had myself a blast. I had so much fun knowing that I could buy what I wanted within reason. We still have tons of debt, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel. It makes a world of difference. Now to not add too much to that debt...

4 comments:

Giovanna said...

Congrats on finding the scissors you wanted! Isn't it great to be able to enjoy yourself in a needlework store?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congrats on your stash aquiring! I've just joined the RR band sampler group you mentioned. I've been planning mine this weekend. Looking forward to stitching your Autumn one, I have a lovely autumnal variegated thread!

mdgtjulie said...

Enjoy your new stash. Love the scissors!!!

Alice said...

Ah, you deserve a treat once in a while! It is what makes all the scrimping and hard work worth it. Enjoy your stash, the scissors are gorgeous!