Thursday, February 11, 2010

HOE red exchange



Kathy received the piece I stitched for her, so I can show some pics. I stitched Austrian I from the February issue of Just Cross Stitch. Yes, that's over one. It's not quite my style, but after looking at Kathy's blog, I thought she might like it. I did enjoy stitching it. I used some floss I had gotten in a past exchange--I always like putting my stash to use. I had fits with the finishing. I wanted to do something different, but it wound up being a pillow.

I haven't been blogging much lately. I haven't felt like stitching, which I know is a huge shocker. Things are starting to pick up, so I'll have more pics soon. I finished Barnabee's Bride by Just Nan , and it's about time for another showing of Legends of the Spellcasters. Stay tuned!

TMI alert!

Sinus surgery: I'm mostly recovered from my surgery. I haven't had a sinus infection since, and that is such a wonderful feeling! I also don't have the chronic halitosis which I've been plagued with my entire adult life. I suppose all those nooks and crannies in my sinuses harbored nasty stuff. It was so embarrassing--brushing your teeth, gargling, and still having bad breath! And now I'm cured, for the most part (still need to remember to gargle!). The only downside is that my voice has a more nasal tone to it (wow, I bet my French pronunciation has improved now!). It's not bad, but I do notice it. I'm learning to adjust how I talk.

Bariatric surgery: Yes, another surgery. I have surgery scheduled for March to get the LapBand. I'm hovering around 300 pounds, and I want this extra person I've been carrying around gone! I have a bad back, bad knees, bad hips. I need to get the weight off before I can add to that diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. The only thing I'm waiting for is the insurance to finish the paperwork. It's agony waiting. I just hope they get their act together before my surgery date. My eating habits will drastically change after this surgery. Some foods will be right out, like soft bread, pasta, and rice--my favorites, of course. I'll only eat tiny portions, will have to chew everything ad infinitum, and I'll be sipping water constantly. But it will be worth the sacrifice to have my life back.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with your lap band. My BIL is a surgeon in GA and does these. Just be careful with meat also. It does tend to get stuck in the tract. I think the biggest problem is most people dont want to change their eating habits but sounds like you are ready for that. Hope you have much success with this!!!

Alice said...

Good luck to you with the upcoming surgery. I am sure you have the patience to do well with this, after all, you are a stitcher!

Blu said...

Your pillow is beautiful!
Good luck with the surgery~

Andrea said...

A gorgeous pillow. Good luck with the surgery.

Kathy said...

I just LOVE my pillow. it is absolutely the most beautiful thing. Thank you so very much.

Good luck on the surgery. My neice had this done with fabulous success. It has been three years and she looks like a whole different person.