Thursday, November 05, 2009

Last two Sweetheart Tree needlerolls done



I finally got the last bit of ribbon I needed to finish up these last two needlerolls (Violet Bouquet and Sweetheart). I am so happy to have these all done. I started the series at the beginning of 2008. It feels like I've been working on them a lot longer than that.

Now I've been working on the Spirit of Snow Angel by Brooke Nolan, but I'm having second thoughts about the perforated paper. I've already ripped a square out when trying to tuck a tail in (fixed it, though). I'm wondering how long this paper's going to last. I don't need it to last hundreds of years, but just through my lifetime would be nice. The angels are a fair amount of work and money, so I want them to be around for a while. The paper's also taking a bit of bending with all the stitching, Kreiniks, and beading. I could switch to fabric, but then I like the paper-doll quality of the pieces. Hm.

As you may have heard, TW Designworks has closed. This makes me very sad since Teresa Wentzler is my favorite designer. I still have lots of her designs to stitch, but there won't be any new pieces, not even Illuminata, which was promising to be something spectacular. This economy really sucks.

10 comments:

Zeb said...

The needlerolls look lovely! Congrats! :)

And yes, very sad to hear about Teresa and its made me want to complete my collection of all the designs of hers I want. I may NEVER get around to stitching them, but atleast I'll have them incase I do.

I hate plastic aida but maybe thats another option? Unless of course there are fractionals. I do love BB's designs, but need to pluck up the courage to stitch em. Completely NEW to stitching on paper!

Kim B said...

Beautiful! Congrats! Do we get to see a pic of all of them together?

Missy Ann said...

Personally I love perforated paper but I never had any problems with it. Probably the reason I love it.

Anyway, I can't give you any tips you haven't thought of yourself. But if the paper becomes a deal breaker for you they do make plastic canvas in 14 ct. That may an option.

Lana said...

Great work on the finished pinrolls!!! That is sad about Teresa Wintzler! Good luck with the perferated paper...sounds kinda frustrating!

Giovanna said...

Congrats on the needlerolls, they're lovely! I hope you manage with the paper - I've had very little experience with it, but I'd like to stitch BB's witches sometime. And yeah, the news about TW sucks indeed.

Jenny said...

Love the needlerolls! :)

Claire said...

Great work on your needlerolls.

Jo said...

great needlerolls! No idea about the paper - never tried to use it - hopefully something will work out!

Glenda said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

Shelleen said...

I am so sorry to hear that TW will not be designing anymore. My 19 year old son loves her designs with dragons.
I love your needlerolls.