Monday, February 04, 2008

Valentine's exchange revealed!

Cindy received my Valentine exchange, so now I can show some pics! This is Love Blooms by the Victoria Sampler. (More pics on my website.) It's a freebie from their website. This was my first needleroll, and I found that taking a piece of batting and rolling it up worked best for the stuffing. That way it wasn't lumpy with fiberfill. It also entailed hardanger, which I'm not fond of doing. But it came out so well. I really had a hard time parting with this one.

I also did a fob out of a Damier heart. I always have so much fun with exchanges. I've signed up for the Feathered Friends exchange too.

Birthday: Matt's birthday was Sunday, and I asked the grocery store to make a cake to resemble a companion cube, which is a character out of a video game. Eh...they didn't do so well. So at some point I need to try making one myself. The cake was delicious and moist, but it turned our lips grey!


9 comments:

Sharon said...

Very cute Valentine exchange! Neat cake!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

I just had to show my hubby the cake you made. We are both pretty sure that the cake is a lie. Allen played portal while I would stitch during most of my pregnancy. I think Nathaniel will pick up the words to the title song pretty quickly once he can speak:)

Kielrain said...

heh... cake is a lie.

I love it.

mainely stitching said...

What an original cake idea! And the game sounds pretty cool, too (thanks for the link!). :D

Mindi said...

Very nice needleroll you made, it was a lovely exchange. The cake looks interesting.

Anonymous said...

This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here: huge success.
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.
Aperture Science: we do what we must because we can, for the good of all of us except the ones who are dead.
Now there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying 'til you run out of cake.
And the Science gets done and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive.

I'm not even angry.
I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart and killed me.
And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
As they burned it hurt because I was so happy for you.
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta, we're releasing on time.
So I'm GLaD I got burned, think of all the things we learned for the people who are still alive.

Go ahead and leave me.
I think I prefer to stay inside.
Maybe you'll find someone else to help you.
Maybe Black Mesa.
That was a joke. Ha ha. Fat chance.
Anyway this cake is great; it's so delicious and moist.
Look at me still talking when there's Science to do.
When I look out there it makes me GLaD I'm not you.
I've experiments to run; there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.

And believe me I am still alive.
I'm doing Science and I'm still alive.
I feel fantastic and I'm still alive.
And while you're dying I'll be still alive.
And when you're dead I will be still alive.

Still alive.

Still alive

Anonymous said...

It was a nice try and it is the thought that counts. I love the idea of a companion cube cake!

Cindy said...

The needleroll is very beautifully done. I just love it. Thank you so much, Michelle :D

Michelle said...

The needleroll is beautiful - great exchange! At least the cake tasted good - that's the most important part!