Sunday, February 17, 2008

TrickORTreat finally finished

I can't really call this one a happy dance. I hated doing the finishing on it. Nothing was just right, and I fought with the thing the whole time. If I hadn't paid so much for it, it would have gone in the trash long ago. Today while Logan was sleeping in his swing, I bit the bullet and finished the finishing. The corners started fraying, and the top is sort of buckled when the lid is closed. I really have to stretch the fastener to get it closed, too. I don't even want to look at the thing because it's not finished the way I want it to be. I guess I'll stick it in a box somewhere. How annoying. More pics on my website.

I think that's why I like cross stitching. There's nothing subjective about it, unlike sewing and other crafts. It's either right or it's not, period.

And I will not buy another one of these Just Nan kits. I need to keep repeating that....

Baby: Oh, and Logan slept all night last night. He's still having some ear pain, but the medicine works.

8 comments:

Katrina said...

It's pretty! I hate finishing too. It scares me, LOL.

Anonymous said...

I've found that I'm 10 times harder on my own finishing than anyone else's.

I can see what you mean about the fasterner stretching, but really it's a small thing and overall it really does look good!

Gotta love those swings, I about cried the day I had to give ds's up. He was grabbing onto the support bars as he swung by...

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I hate finishing and I'm totally useless at it, so I have to pass all of those cute pieces by. Sigh.

I think yours looks great.

Carol said...

Wow, Michelle! Despite its headaches, it is perfect!!!! I wish I had gotten my hands on that one while it was still available... I hear you about the price :-(

Cindy said...

I'm sorry that the finishing gave you a difficult time. I have this one in my stash, and dread trying to do the finishing. Sounds like maybe I should find someone to do it for me (if / when I get to that point!)

Laura said...

Well, for all its trouble, it really is cute. But I'm right there with about the pain of finishing these type of projects.

Dawn T. said...

I think your box looks great!:)

Oh I do hope little Logan's ear gets better quickly! (((HUGS)))

Michelle said...

It looks beautiful! I'm sorry you had so much trouble with it. I'm afraid to finish mine too. I am such a perfectionist, and I find that finishing is often not "perfect" - so then I'm disappointed with the whole project.