Friday, November 10, 2006

New Year's exchange piece finished

I put the final stitches on the piece for the New Year's exchange this morning before work. I still need to do the finishing and a little extra piece, but I'll do that a little later (if I can stand the wait). I think it came out very cute.

A note on making buttons out of Sculpey clay: the toaster oven is deceptive. Apparently the temperature is much higher than the temperature knob would have you believe. My poor unsuspecting buttons came out black in the toaster oven! I did a few more in the conventional oven, and they turned out just fine, nice and white. I need to go buy some paint because I did not have the right color in my paint kit. This button is turning out to be more expensive than just buying it outright!

So now I'm working on The Awakening again. I plan to work on it this weekend, but of course I have some things to get done, such as the final mowing before winter (86 degrees F here at the moment), etc.

Cats: Anubis has been on a diet and has been driving us nuts with his crying. He wasn't losing weight, so we lowered the amount he gets to the minimum. Still not losing weight. We bumped up the amount a little, and now he's lost a little bit. I think maybe his body went into starvation mode. I just wish he'd lose the weight so he'd stop driving us insane!

No comments: