Sunday, November 12, 2006

Awakening update

I finally finished another page of The Awakening. It seemed to take forever. I'm rather disheartened by her red, blotchy face at times. Some days it looks fine to me, and other days I'm sad about it. That's the problem with stitching pieces that no one has ever stitched before--you never know what you're going to get.

Anyway, I'm 51% done! Be sure to click on the pic for a better image.

Movies: We watched Cars tonight. It was pretty good. I'm glad I bought it. It's one of those movies I'll be able to watch over and over.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! It looks wonderful!

Kim said...

I had days when I was very critical of Magic Witch as well--her face has a lot of purple in it, a lot of purple. I think part of my problem was that I was too close to the piece--literally and emotionally. You spend all that time with your face right there that little things about it start to pull at you--does that make sense?

Looking at your scans of Awakening I think it is gorgeous--don't let it drive you too crazy :)

HasturTorres said...

I think she looks wonderful. Don't let the face get you down...you have probably been staring at it for much too long.

Anonymous said...

The picture isn't perfectly clear, but from here she looks fantastic. And when you spend so much time so close to it, you're always going to have a skewed point of view about it. Don't give up! Even if it still bothers you when it's done, it's such a small part of the main picture, it won't take away from the rest of it, and the overall impression :)

Anonymous said...

She's looking great!! More than halfway there - you are a star!!

Michelle said...

Your Awakening looks amazing! It is just gorgeous! I can't wait to see how your little Sculpey buttons come out too...I've had an issue in the toaster oven with Shrinky Dinks (I was making little labels for quilts), so I'm with you on that one!