Sunday, September 14, 2008

Covent Garden Rosebuds HD


I finished this sweet little piece this morning. I bought the chart from someone who was cleaning out their stash. I didn't know if I would like the hearts that Sweetheart Tree does, but I do really like this one. I used some DMC variegated instead of the Needle Necessities it calls for, and the colors work great. I also found some substitute beads in my stash. I'll probably turn this into a pinkeep later, but I'll hold onto it for a bit and see if I can use it for the Monthly Finishing Challenge.

I'm a little "finished" out right now anyway. I completed the finishing of my Halloween Exchange piece Friday. It was a new finish for me, and I learned a few things, mostly what not to do. I like the way it turned out, but of course I keep seeing the flaws, things I should have done differently. Someone smack me a bit.

I started working on my Pumpkin Patch Exchange stitching last night. I had to find my own colors for it, and I'm not sure I like the ones I picked now that I see it taking shape. Color is always difficult for me. I think in black and white--literally. I can't really fault my brain for working like that. I've been blessed with a pretty good one otherwise. :-)

Oh, here's a pic of the ort bags Mom and I make, as requested. If you're interested in buying one, please email me.


Hurricane Ike: We got not a drop of rain, even though everyone was preparing for the worst. Matt was disappointed because he was looking forward to a good storm. We just don't get that many where we are in Texas. He was also looking forward to monitoring it with his weather station.

My sick husband: Matt's starting to feel better. It's about time! His nose is still bleeding regularly. I normally think of nosebleeds as no big deal because I had them a lot as a kid (hereditary thing), but when you think they might not stop, they can be scary.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your heart is really pretty. I love the colours in it.

Hope your DH is feeling better soon. I've only ever had one nosebleed. Scary stuff.

Michele B. said...

I know exactly how you feel about finding little flaws. No smacks from me, just sympathetic understanding. Your little bunny floss tag is adorable, even with the misplaced eyelet - it's on the back anyway so who would notice. The Sweetheart Tree design is very, well, sweet! Hope your DH feels better.

Anonymous said...

Lovely heart, well done!

Carol said...

Pretty finish! So glad Ike ignored you ;-)

Stitcher said...

Great finish, it's so pretty with that little jewel. Love those ort bags too.