Thursday, August 07, 2008

Celestial finishing



I finished this fob on my lunch hour. It's Celestial Sun by Teresa Wentzler and Celestial Moon by Dragon Dreams. After I sewed the pieces together, I anchored my thread firmly and then turned the fob right side out. And that's when things went wrong. My linen started coming apart. Argh! I used a little Fray Check to hold the linen ends in place and then tried my best to hide the pulled threads. It's OK, but one seam is lumpy. That really aggravates me. I guess when I use the sewing method, I need to use Fray Check on the edges before I start sewing the pieces together.

So now I have a finished piece that just irritates me. I really don't want to stitch it again. Sigh. I guess I'll put it with Needle Guardian, which I'm also not happy with. My TWs mean more to me than other pieces, and thus frustrate me more when they're not perfect.

7 comments:

Petra said...

Personally I love these designs and think it looks great!

Rachel said...

Great job on the fobs. Love both designs.

Stitcher said...

It looks great to me.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous-I have always loved this finish by you.

Cindy said...

I love the idea of placing the two design together. Great job!

Michelle said...

It looks beautiful! I have had this same problem, which is why I think I'm going to whip stitch next time to avoid turning something inside out. What a pain!

Shebafudge said...

Your fob is beautiful - congratulations!