Thursday, May 08, 2008

Spring Peepers HD


Here's my biscornu for the Monthly Finishing Challenge. It's Spring Peepers by Just Nan. I broke down and ordered the gold frog charm because I just couldn't find any button that looked good in the middle. I am selling a few charts to make a little money, so it should even out.

I used a pale blue linen, 28 count I believe. I also used some leftover beads from a kit; they were just the right color! It's the second biscornu I've made but the first with a beaded edging. I also replaced the gold metallic for the frogs with DMC 500; they just didn't show up well in gold.

I'm still working on my Fantasy/Magic Exchange piece. Why did I pick something with so much stitching? I just hope it looks good when I'm done!

I received a framed piece from Jill Rensel last night, my first from her. I was not disappointed! I'll take pics when I get a chance. I was too beat last night.

Diet: I started the diet again seriously this week. I joined TOPS too. My mom's been a member for years and does the conventions. I had to roll my eyes at the weight-loss songs and pledges, but otherwise I think it will be good for me. I started the South Beach diet again, and I'm doing well. I made my 15 pounds total loss yesterday (which I started waaaay back), but now I can't reward myself because I'm not buying stash. Doh! Maybe when I hit 20 pounds lost.

The job front: Matt has a day-long interview today. Yuck. But we're optimistic. He also has another job prospect that we're waiting to hear about.

9 comments:

HasturTorres said...

Your froggies are adorable! Congratulations on your weight loss! Good job vibes to your DH.

Dawn T. said...

Those frogs are too cute!

Kim B said...

Your biscornu is perfection! And congrats on 15 pounds lost! That's awesome!!

SandraRee said...

Your biscornu is lovely, nice job! :)

Kendra said...

Very pretty Spring Peepers! I stitched this one for one of my daughter's preschool teachers for Christmas last year...I changed mine up a bit from the pattern as well. If you want to take a look, here are a couple entries where it's pictured:

Finished form - http://stitchinghour.blogspot.com/2007/11/finished-my-first-biscornus.html

Closer view of the stitching - http://stitchinghour.blogspot.com/2007/11/nablopomo-day-14-finish.html

Carol R said...

Love your froggie biscornu - it's very cute! I can't see the gold frog though - maybe you are still waiting for it?
Great news on the weight loss and good luck to your hubby in finding another job

Becky K in OK said...

Spring peepers is so cute. Don't you just love biscornus?

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Michelle!

Michelle said...

Love that biscornu! Soooo cute!!!