Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Castle Sampler update

I finished the final figure at the bottom, so that's a second border done. I'll work on the innermost border next. It looks pretty straight-forward, so it shouldn't take too long. The castle will, I'm sure.

I've uploaded a pic of Angel of Summer, which is a gift for my mom. She can choose whether she wants to see it now or not.

I bought some clay cat ornaments from Lori (see pics below). They are: Anubis, Hathor, Horus (our kitty who died last year), Fancy (my mom's), and a calico for my boss. Let me know if you need Lori's contact information. She's selling them on the Wagon BB. See a bigger pic.

Baby: Logan gets his two months' shots tomorrow. I'm so not looking forward to that. I hope they don't make him feel too bad afterwards.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, can you send me Lori's contact details? I'd love some of those cat ornaments - they are so cute!

When Riley had his 2 month shots he was a little bit whingy for a couple of days and that was about all. Our doctor told us to keep him dosed up on baby paracetamol for a couple of days from as soon as we got home from the surgery and that seemed to do the trick.

mainely stitching said...

The infant shots didn't bother our kids too much, but as Karen suggests, it's an excellent idea to have some baby aspirin on hand just in case. :)

jymisgurl said...

Our doc said to give our boys some Tylenol just before bringing them.
Then they'd get the shots and give you the most horrible look. You can tell they're thinking, "You're just gonna let them hurt me?" I still cry when my boys give me that look when they get shots.
But at that age, they both fell asleep in their little carriers by the time we got back to the waiting room to leave.
Mine never seemed to really feel bad after the initial stick. Good luck!

Sharon said...

You are really moving along on that castle sampler! Looks great. I hope baby Logan's shot will go well.

Carol said...

Your sampler looks stunning!! And those cats... to cute :-) Sorry about Logan - hopefully it will be an easy visit.

Nicki said...

I love the kitty ornaments - I was thinking of getting some myself but maybe I've left it a little late :)

Darla said...

You do such gorgeous work!! Best wishes with the kiddo's shots.

Abi said...

It helps to just stare at their face when they give the shots. Don't watch them poke and just have Logan focus on your face. Then give him lots of hugs and kisses right after. I was told to give Ayame some Infant Tylenol after getting her shots. Her thigh was sore for about 2 days after, but she was only grumpy for 1 day.

Mindi said...

Very cute cat ornaments, and the Castle is looking wonderful. I hope Logan does ok with the shots.