Monday, February 23, 2009

Winter Faerie Week 5


It's the faerie with the invisible skirt! I managed to get more done than I thought I would. The skirt should be easy--not as many fractionals as the holly leaves. Then I'll need to bead the border. No reason I shouldn't finish this week!

After I finish this one, I'll probably concentrate on Skeleton Crew. I've been driven to finish Winter Faerie, so I haven't worked on it at all lately.

I'm happy to report that the entire family is now healthy! I've gone back on the diet, but I'm having trouble sticking to it. My doctor says I'm probably pre-diabetic, and she gave me glucophage to see if that would help with the hunger. When I first tried it, it kept me up at night. I'm going to try it again and see if I can deal with it. This overwhelming, unnatural hunger is pure torture, and I don't mean that lightly.

7 comments:

Kim B said...

Wow you are making some major progress! Can't wait to see this one finished up!

Glad to hear everyone is feeling better. And good luck with your diet!

Lisa said...

She looks great! These are on my to do list - sometime.

Jenny said...

So pretty Michelle - nice job, she'll be finished in no time now. :)

Brigitte said...

It's great when you see that all family members have got rid of those flu and cold viruses.
Your progress on the fairie is stunning. When you continue stitching at this speed you will finish her in no time.

Brenda Lou said...

You will certainly finish this beautiful piece in no time at the rate you're stitching her :)

Craft-i-leigh said...

That Winter Fairie looks like a design I've seen before. (wouldn't attempt to stich it yet). :) Who is the designer / where did you get it?
I am new to the world of stitching and have been browsing various blogs to try and gain some knowledge and get some tips / ideas. I originally started with a stamped, then counted “kits”. I’m working on my 2nd chart and have noticed some big differences in floss types and quality.
My Cross Stitch Mentor has told me that I’m ready to graduate from Aida, but I really like Aida. Maybe it’s just beginner’s comfort???
If you would answer my question… What type of fabric or fabrics do you prefer and why? Brands and counts?
I would appreciate any advice, thanks!

Jo said...

Great progress.

I'm curious about your hunger - I am ALWAYS hungry, and have an irritable bowel that kicks in whenever I ignore the hunger pains. So dieting doesn't really work for me. Actually the hunger really started shortly after I stopped dieting, and has never gone away, I don't think dietig suited my body. I'm trying exercise instead now. Sometimes it works, other times it makes me even more hungry than usual... I've never heard of 'pre-diabetic', presumably it means you don't have diabetes but might be developing it?