Sunday, July 06, 2008

Boo Scissor Keeper and Purse HD

I've almost completed the finishing of Boo Scissor Purse (more pics). I'm missing some pearl cotton for the closure, so I had to order some. (And while I was ordering, I got the materials for the Sweetheart Tree needlerolls--I couldn't take it anymore! Shop--buy--spend!).

I finished the stitching of the companion piece, Boo Scissor Keeper, last night. I'll turn it into a fob in the next few days.
I received this chart off my wishlist from Carol during an exchange. Thanks again, Carol! I just love Halloween pieces.

I'm going to start working on a freebie from Jeannette Douglas as soon as I get the supplies squared away. And Maggie the Messmaker's on the to-do list at some point too.

Holiday: We had a quiet Fourth of July (other than the illegal fireworks our neighbors shot in the very dry subdivision--not that I'm bitter). Matt grilled for us, which is always great. I took a break from making cakes, which was surprisingly hard. I have my first class next week. I'm both excited and nervous.

5 comments:

Jan said...

It's so cute! I love Halloween things also.

Anonymous said...

They're lovely! Halloween pieces are great aren't they (not that I've stitched any myself - it's not a 'big' thing here in UK and I just wish it was).

I love Maggie. Looking forward to seeing your updates on that one.

Michelle said...

Love it! Of course, I am partial to Halloween pieces. Can't wait to see what you learn in your class!

Carol said...

Hi Michelle - I am so tickled to see that you stitched these up! You did such a lovely job too ;-)

Kim B said...

What great pieces!!