Saturday, August 04, 2007

Winter Stitches HD

I finished this one up this morning. It's Winter Stitches by Jeannette Douglas. I'll eventually get the other seasons, but I'm trying not to spend money right now. And I need to leave stuff on my wishlist for the holidays. ;-)

This was stitched on 40-count linen, which has to be my smallest count for linen. (I've stitched on silk gauze before--42 count.) I definitely needed my magnifier for this one!

Many thanks to Junette for giving me the chart and embellishment pack for the cost of postage!

I received the floss, fabric, and charms for my remaining Halloween exchange pieces, so I may start on that today. I also want to work on The Awakening a bit.

Baby: I had a rough few days with insomnia, back and hip pain, and some sick feelings, but I'm feeling much better now. I hope it lasts! After Matt painted the baby's room, we put up a Winnie the Pooh wallpaper border, but of course we ran out. We should get some more in soon. That was a royal pain.

13 comments:

Sharon said...

Congrats on your finish. Looks gorgeous! I hope your feeling good lasts too!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Fantastic finish! The colors are just stunning.

Barbara said...

It is a very lovely finish. Sorry to hear you d a few rough days - I hope the rest will be much easier.

Sue said...

It's simply beautiful!

coonie said...

It's beautiful, congratulations!

Little Grey Cat said...

Hi there. First time I've seen your blog. When's baby due? I've read back a bit, see you have GD (I had it too while I was pregnant last year).

Hope everything goes well for you.

Your stitching is beautiful :o)

Carol said...

Yay Michelle - it is gorgeous!

Michelle said...

So pretty! I love all the different stitches and colors!

Marita said...

First time visitor to your blog. Just wanted to say Winter Stitches looks great. I love the colours, really works well with your linen.

Karin said...

Gorgeous finish! Congrats.... and glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Cathy said...

Beautiful finish.

tkdchick said...

Just stunning the more I see this one the more I want it!

AnneS said...

Wow, that Winter Stitches is a real stunner! I'm starting to really fall for these designs (hide the credit cards quick!!) ;) Angel Procession is coming along beautifully too ... that's one of my fave 'older' pieces of TW's :)