Monday, December 06, 2010

Christmas smalls exchange

Here is the exchange I sent to Paula. I was starting to get worried! The piece is part of Peppermint Twist by Blue Ribbon Designs. You can see more pics of the box. The satin-covered box was a find at a grocery-store sale after Valentine's Day this year (I wish I had bought more). I added embellishments to the piece and was really pleased with the way it came out (much more sparkly than in the pictures). I think stitching for exchanges frees me a lot. For my own pieces I like to stick with the designer's vision, even though some of the exchange pieces come out even better. I'm strange that way. I always second-guess my choices, and they're easier to live with if they're going to someone else.

I sent a few extras--coasters, a Christmas list pad, gift tags, and some candy. I love finding little gifts to go along with exchanges.

This was my first exchange to run, and I was both excited and nervous. I'm still waiting to see that all the pieces make it to their destinations safely. Fingers crossed.

9 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

What a pretty box. They will enjoy everything you sent.

Daffycat said...

What a lovely exchange piece! That box rocks!!!

Clare-Aimetu said...

I love the box , great exchange. You'll be running more now, they're great fun.

Alice said...

I love it! What a nice exchange.

Andrea said...

A lovely exchange. I love the finishing of the box.

TeresaB said...

The box is adorable! What a lucky exchange recipient.

Tatkis said...

Oh, it is such a beautiful box! Great work, I'm sure your exchange partner would be happy to receive it!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Michelle said...

Ooh it's beautiful! Love how it turned out.

Zeb said...

Love love LOVE the box. Really hope you post a tutorial for it at some stage :)

Gorgeous exchange all round!